Avast Antivirus is a great antivirus however if your recently start seeing “This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast” message in your emails, it might be little bit obtrusive.
Avast email signatures has been Avast feature since long time ago. For years, it has been working in email clients (eg. Outlook, Thunderbird..) but with recent update it is working also in web-based emailing. So if you are using Gmail or Yahoo in your browser like I do, Avast inserts this signature to your emails:
|This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast. www.avast.com|
UPDATE (5/3/2015): Recently, Avast changed email signature to less obtrusive version:
If you don´t like it, you can turn it off in few simple steps.
Enable/disable Avast Email signatures in 5 easy steps
- Open Avast UI by clicking on Avast icon in windows taskbar
- Open settings (gearbox icon on the top-right corner)
3. Uncheck option “Enable Avast email signature”
4. Confirm by clicking on OK
5. Restart your browser. You can also restart your PC to be sure all settings are applied.
6. Done. Avast email signatures will be disabled or enabled.