Avast Free antivirus is free for use however it requires registration on your email. No credit card or personal info besides email is required for registration. You will need to repeat same process every year as the registration is valid for 12 month. With registration, you will get a free 1-year license for your Avast Free Antivirus. Don’t know how to register? Follow our step-by-step guide.
How to register Avast Free Antivirus (step-by-step)
To register, just follow these steps:
- Right click on Avast icon in system tray
- Select registration information
3. Click on register now
4. Click on select under standard protection column
5. Enter your email address and hit register
6. Done. Your Avast is now registered for 365 days prior to registration. You can use it without any limits for free. You can also try premium version Avast Internet Security for 20 days for free – just hit Yes, I’ll try it on dialog confirming registration-otherwise click No, thanks or close the dialog.
After one year, you will be required to do registration of your Avast again. Just enter the same email (or any other email you use) and repeat this process every year. With this, you can use Avast completely free for any number of years you wish. These steps are also described on official Avast FAQs.
Frequently ask questions:
Q: Why do I need to register Avast Free Antivirus if it is for free?
A: Avast Free Antivirus is free to use however Avast might offer you some other products or notify you about new releases in the future. If you do not wish to be bothered, do not use your real email.
Q: Where can I find how long is my license valid?
A: Click on Avast icon in task-bar -> choose registration information -> see the validity of your license.
Q: How many PCs can be registered under one email?
A: Feel free to use Avast on any number of PCs even under same email.
Hope you enjoy your copy of Avast. Do you have other questions – ask in comments!